Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Embracing what you've always known to be true...


The truth of the matter is: nobody wants to hear the truth. Keep it real/funky/ one hunnit/G are only ways for people to be brazen at the expense of someone else's feelings. I'd go so far as to say 98% of the time, people already KNOW the truth. Ignorance is bliss though, right?

I've walked alongside what I've known to be truth for many years about a lot of different things: my weight-lets be honest, I'm not thick-, my friendships-lets be honest-they don't care about me, if they did I wouldn't question who I am when I'm around them, my fauxlationship-lets be honest, we are NOT in a relationship and we never have been. Its so much easier to live in the bubble we create for ourselves to ease our questioning minds, to comfort us. But what happens when the truth bursts our bubble? We are then left to clean up the mess of tear-stained pillows by ourselves. I guess that's only right though because we were the only ones in the bubble to begin with. No one lived that fallacy but us. It hurts knowing you've created a place to keep you safe from hurt, from truth. It hurts even more when you have to embrace what you've always known to be fact. I know I'm not alone. The good thing is, embracing it is the best thing you'll ever do. It forces you to do better for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment